Presentation of 1968, el fuego de las ideas, by Marcelo Brodsky
With Marcelo Brodsky, and Xavier Antich.
Presentation of the book in the presence of the author, Marcelo Brodsky, and Xavier Antich, philosopher and Professor of Aesthetics at the Universitat de Girona and president of the Fundació Antoni Tàpies.
The project 1968, el fuego de las ideas consists of hand-drawn interventions on 39 archive images representing the student-worker mobilisations that took place in various parts of the world in the late 1960s.
Marcelo Brodsky (1954) is an artist, photographer and human rights activist. He currently lives and works in Buenos Aires, Argentina. During his exile in Barcelona following the military coup that took place in his country in 1976, he studied Economics at the Universitat de Barcelona. Manel Esclusa was one of his references at the Centre Internacional de Fotografia, where he studied.
Duration: 1 h. | Date: Wednesday
22 November 2017, 19.00 h. |
Activity in colaboration with the editorial RM
- Lecture Learning to See + Opening (Tuesday 10 October, 7 p.m.)
- Discussion between Susan Meiselas, Guevara Namer and Carles Guerra (Wednesday 11 October, 6 p.m.)
- Reading Kurdistan (Friday 20 October, 7 p.m.)
- Cinema cycle with Guevara Namer (2, 3 and 10 November, 7 p.m.)
- Spell Reel, 2017 (Thursday 9 November, 7 p.m.)
- Presentation of It Would Never Be Quite the Same Again, by Xavier Ribas (Thursday 16 November, 7:30 p.m.)