Presentation of It Would Never Be Quite the Same Again, by Xavier Ribas
Presentation by the author, Xavier Ribas. With Rosa Lleó, curator, and Carles Guerra, director of the Fundació Antoni Tàpies.
This edition, which turns into a book a well-known series of photographs by Xavier Ribas, has been produced by the Fundació Antoni Tàpies. Presentation by the author, Xavier Ribas. With Rosa Lleó, curator, and Carles Guerra, director of the Fundació Antoni Tàpies.
Xavier Ribas (1960) is a photographer and lecturer at the University of Brighton and the Universitat Politècnica de València. He studied Social Anthropology at the Universitat de Barcelona and Documentary Photography at the Newport School of Art and Design. His photographic work investigates controversial places and stories, and the geographies of abandonment. His recent work takes the form of an extensive photographic network, which often includes texts, archival material and moving images as multiple and complex forms for examining temporary settlements, corporate development and sites of exclusion, border territories and geographies of extraction.
The limited edition will be on sale at the museum’s bookstore. Discount for Individual Friends and Collaborators, and gift for Protective Friends and Sponsors.
Author: Xavier Ribas. | Duration: 1 h. | Date: Thursday 16 November 2017, 19.30 h. | Admission: Free.
- Lecture Learning to See + Opening (Tuesday 10 October, 7 p.m.)
- Discussion between Susan Meiselas, Guevara Namer and Carles Guerra (Wednesday 11 October, 6 p.m.)
- Reading Kurdistan (Friday 20 October, 7 p.m.)
- Cinema cycle with Guevara Namer (2, 3 and 10 November, 7 p.m.)
- Spell Reel, 2017 (Thursday 9 November, 7 p.m.)
- Presentation of 1968, el fuego de las ideas, by Marcelo Brodsky