Cinema cycle with Guevara Namer
Cycle of cinema selected by the Sirian artist Guevara Namer
Citizen With A Movie Camera (video series), 2012
During the war, YouTube became
an alternative communication
platform for Syrians outside the
constraints of local and international
media. This is a selection
of videos made by Syrians for
Warning: some scenes, dialogue and images may hurt the sensitivity of the viewers.
Authors: Osama Burhan, Ahmad Dawn, Diana Eljeiroudi, Guevara Namer, Orwa Nyrabia and Zaher Omareen | Duration: 70 min. | Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017, 19.00 h. | Admission: Free.
Morning Fears, Night Chants , 2013
A young Syrian woman does not
share the beliefs of her parents.
Being a young woman, her parents
do not allow her to leave
home, much less participate
in activities against the Syrian
regime. Nevertheless, she rebels,
writing and singing protest
songs in secret, hoping they will
encourage others to think and
believe in a better future and
Author: Diana Eljeiroudi and Guevara Namer. | Duration: 39 min. | Date: Friday 3 November 2017, 19.00 h. | Admission: Free.
Life on the border , 2015
Thousands of people share the
same fate under the tarpaulins
of refugee camps in Kobanê
and Shingal. Kurdish filmmaker
Bahman Ghobadi has given
camcorders to eight children
who, through their individual
perspectives, explain how they
live in the camps.
Author: Bahman Ghobadi. | Duration: 73 min. | Date: Friday 10 November 2017, 19.00 h. | Admission: Free.
- Lecture Learning to See + Opening (Tuesday 10 October, 7 p.m.)
- Discussion between Susan Meiselas, Guevara Namer and Carles Guerra (Wednesday 11 October, 6 p.m.)
- Reading Kurdistan (Friday 20 October, 7 p.m.)
- Spell Reel, 2017 (Thursday 9 November, 7 p.m.)
- Presentation of It Would Never Be Quite the Same Again, by Xavier Ribas (Thursday 16 November, 7:30 p.m.)
- Presentation of 1968, el fuego de las ideas, by Marcelo Brodsky