With Guevara Namer, Artist in Residence
The photographer Guevara Namer will offer us a performative reading of the life stories that the public can find gathered in the archive on the Kurdish community dispersed in the world. This archive, titled akaKurdistan, has been produced by the artist Susan Meiselas and members of the Kurdish community.. The readings of Guevara Namer will deliver a polyphonic account of the exile of the Kurdish community.
Duration: 1 h 30 min. | Date: Friday 20 October 2017, 19.00 h. | Venue: Fundació Antoni Tàpies. | Admission: Free. | Language: English.
- Lecture Learning to See + Opening (Tuesday 10 October, 7 p.m.)
- Discussion between Susan Meiselas, Guevara Namer and Carles Guerra (Wednesday 11 October, 6 p.m.)
- Cinema cycle with Guevara Namer (2, 3 and 10 November, 7 p.m.)
- Spell Reel, 2017 (Thursday 9 November, 7 p.m.)
- Presentation of It Would Never Be Quite the Same Again, by Xavier Ribas (Thursday 16 November, 7:30 p.m.)
- Presentation of 1968, el fuego de las ideas, by Marcelo Brodsky