She studied Linguistics, Literature and History of Art at the Université de la Sorbonne and the École du Louvre in Paris. From 1982 to 1990 she was curator at the Musée national d’art moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou, and from 1990 to 1994 she was Curator at the Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume, both in Paris, where she organized several solo and group exhibitions including: Reinhard Mucha, Passages de l’image; Stan Douglas: Monodramas and Television Spots; Marcel Broodthaers; Hélio Oiticica; Eva Hesse; Jeff Wall and Chantal Ackerman: D’Est, among others. From 1994 to 1997 she served as Artistic Director for documenta X in Kassel, Germany, and from 1998 has been Director of the long-term project Contemporary Arab Representations which began at the Fundació Antoni Tàpies in Barcelona. In 2000 she organized The State of Things for the KW Institute for Contemporary Art, Berlin. Between 2002 and 2004 David was Director of the Witte de With Rotterdam in the Netherlands. She is currently a fellow at the Wissenschaftskolleg in Berlin.
The information regarding participants is taken from a file which has not been updated since the completion date of each project.
- Act 3: Elements of Geo-Poetics. Tongues and Fears (Participant)
- Bahman Jalali (Curator)
- Contemporary Arab Representations. Beirut / Lebanon (Director of the project)
- Contemporary Arab Representations. Cairo (Director of the project)
- Contemporary Arab Representations. The Iraqi Equation (Director of the project)
- Guided Visit for Friends of FundaciÃ³ Antoni TÃ pies (Director of the project)
- HÃ©lio Oiticica (Curator)
- HÃ©lio Oiticica (Speaker)
- Introduction (Speaker)
- Premiere of documentary Valentinos Charalambous (Speaker)